View Single Post

Old 05-06-2017, 08:40 PM

Liked 1,555 Times in 680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine49guy View Post
Almost a year since starting this thread and still no S&W 9mm carbine...

Still on my hit list but if S&W is listening still interested in a Sport II in 9mm
What the heck I'll kick this back to the top. Maybe someone from S&W management will see it.

What has changed in since 2016 is we have a very pro-gun President. With the Democrats not in power the gun market is flat. The AR market is even flatter with AR's sitting unsold at fire sale prices which means unused production machinery which means no money coming in.

9mm AR is largely a ignored market. Just as in the days of Old West when a cowboy carried a 44-40 Colt SAA and a Winchester carbine is 44-40 having a pistol and long gun in the same caliber makes a lot sense.

The Lady brought a full size M&P 9mm about a month ago and she loves it. As is my custom I buy a lot of magazines for our serious self-defense guns. (I hope to have at least seven of them by the end of the month with more coming when I catch them on sale. Two dozen is my eventual goal for her gun).

Obviously that many magazines is a serious chunk of change. Buying a 9mm AR that uses different magazines is out-of-the question for me (unless it uses Beretta 92 mags). However a AR that uses the same M&P mags is not only very cost effective but also a fun gun to shoot and a good choice for self-defense.

Last edited by BSA1; 05-07-2017 at 03:01 PM.