View Single Post

Old 05-06-2017, 11:13 PM

Liked 986 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSH View Post
Bingo! We have a winner. There it is right there... the real underlying reason why I'll probably never own an S&W 1911. If I ever want to buy another 1911, I'll likely buy a 1911 from a company that originated or at least specializes in 1911s... not some company just jumping into the mix for a little extra profit. S&W fanboy that I am, I still don't worship and adore S&W so much that I would buy anything they build just because they built it.

TSSH , like their revolvers, I can assure you S&W didn't just build a 1911 just to make a buck, no doubt, they did want to make money. But the bottom line, they built a quality pistol! I have purchased a few S&W 1911's, from the 1st year they built them in Spfld to Houlton, Me and back to Spfld.. I own a couple Colts, Dan Wessons, and shot a few other brands.. I love my S&W... but then you all know that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladder13 View Post
Obviously S&W loves their 1911's, look at the craftsmanship, it's top notch.

yep, you got it right there..

Now some here, in this section of the forum, get all butt hurt cause their favorite guns are no longer being made so they lash out in frustration. It's so transparent.

Gee, I wonder who that could possibly be ... I'll give you 18 guesses..

I own a half dozen Colts and see nothing negative about the 1911 made by S&W or SA or Ruger or RIA.
I draw the line at Sig's and Tauri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanners Owner View Post
Regardless of some of the feedback, am convinced S&W produces a fine 1911. For those who think it incongruous for S&W to make 1911s, the same attitude should apply to the M&P pistol and carbine lines. I have those in my safe too along with a M24, M15, M63, M64, M625 M686, & M627 revolvers.

Ditto here

Guess I'm a S&W fan.
Guess I am too...