View Single Post

Old 05-07-2017, 12:10 AM

Liked 407 Times in 120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-1917 View Post
Got to love this forum. I went out and shot an old K-22 today and had to use the bench to push the empties out. I did a quick google search and come to this post from 2009 with a lot of useful info.

I was shooting bulk Federal high velocity ammo (my little Beretta loves the stuff when it works) , I'll try some std vel. and other brands on the next outing. I'll also carry a "range rod" and a mallet with me.

I did give the chambers a serious clean and polish today. Can't hurt anything. I'll try some different ammo first and if I don't find something that works, I'll dig deeper.

Thanks again to the forum and those that make it work!

The clean and polish did the trick. I polished the cylinder bores with 2000 grit wet/dry. It really polished them up nicely. Cases of everything I fired in it ejected very easily. They did not fall out but the pushed out with just a tiny bit of pressure. I shot a few boxes of Federal Standard Velocity, some mini-mags, stingers, old remingtons I found loose in the cabinet, a few I couldn't ID, all worked perfectly after the polish job. The K-22 Combat Masterpiece is back in the lineup.