View Single Post

Old 05-07-2017, 10:29 AM

Liked 4,674 Times in 2,062 Posts

As far as 380 goes IMO the Sig P238,while costing more{$550+}, is the way to go. I couldn't believe how it handled recoil so well. The LCP and other pocket rockets the recoil is horrendous.
I have often carried my LCR 357 in my front pocket and I would take it over an LCP or other pocket rocket any day.
IMO the Kahr's are to high priced and so many reviews on their guns as having problems. I am not saying they are all bad but they seem to have their problems. After reading so many negative reviews I never cared to own one.

I had a Kel-Tec PF9 which is what the LC9 was cloned after but the LC9 is a much better gun. I recently bought the LC9s Ruger for $312 out the door. The recoil isn't near as bad as an LCP and it isn't all that much bigger. The PF9 totally failed with under 200 rounds and Kel-Tec darn near replaced everything in the gun. I sold it after that. I wasn't about to trust my life on it.

If you want the gun to serve as a range gun as well as a carry SD gun then you better range test fire whatever before you buy any pocket gun. If you are looking for lightest smallest lest expensive for carry then I would go with an LCP-2.

Last edited by gman51; 05-07-2017 at 10:34 AM.