View Single Post

Old 05-07-2017, 03:30 PM

Liked 1,555 Times in 680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
Add me to the list of those who say "Meh, what's the point?"... Don't see the appeal to carry an AR style rifle with less power. I'm not a cowboy riding the trail carrying all my ammo with me. Want to shoot the AR cheaper? Get a .22lr conversion.
For reasons I can't really put my thumb on we own more 9mm's than any other caliber. The Lady just brought herself a full-size 9mm M&P last month. As I reload most of my ammunition sticking with one caliber is easier.

I already have a couple of 22 LR rifles that get very little use. Some of the critters here on the ranch need a little more killing and often only have a chance for one shot. Critters crawling under a building before dying creates a smelly situation...especially with skunks.

Not to mention more magazines...again.

Quote:
Agree with those who say that if S&W thought there was a market for a 9mm AR and they could profit, they would make them.
Maybe or maybe not. Gun manufacturers are well known for not predicting what gun kind of guns the public will buy.

Quote:
If you really want a 9mm carbine, there are several to choose from. For me, if it is just going to be a fun gun, I would just get the Hi Point carbine and call it good.
By all accounts Hi Points work well and have a lifetime warranty. At only $300.00 +/- extra magazines are easy on the budget. But it is limited to only 10 rounds and this gun is so fun to shoot that 10 is not enough. The appeal of the S&W 9mm is not only being able to use the same magazines but having fun with fewer reloads.