View Single Post

Old 05-07-2017, 06:51 PM

Liked 135 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbum101 View Post
Model 41 extractors & barrels have always been a crapshoot . Dimensionally the 41 barrels were never really "match grade " . As I compete I had mine relined with a Lothar Walther liner . Alex Hamilton in San Antonio does an excellent job for a reasonable price , cheaper than you can buy a new factory barrel . Back in the day the Hamden produced High Standards had the best production barrels on a American made pistol . Generally speaking fit , finish & machining was better on the older pre A s/n 41's .
I compete with a retired AMU shooter who has mentioned the AMU armorers during his time with the team (late '70s to mid '90s) only allowed the M41 longer barrels as the short barrels did not meet accuracy requirements. He ended up using an issued High Standard for 22.

I can also highly recommend Alex Hamilton for barrel relines. KC Crawford, a retired USMC marksmanship team armorer is very good at putting an M41 through charm school. The services of both of these gentlemen turned my jam-o-matic into a reliable Bullseye competition pistol.

BTW, I still get better scores shooting a Hammerli than a M41, Ruger or NCG conversion.

Last edited by Rowlf; 05-07-2017 at 06:55 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: