View Single Post

Old 05-07-2017, 07:39 PM

Liked 8,935 Times in 4,144 Posts

bevans555-
We all have different needs and wants and I respect the viewpoints of those who have formed educated opinions based on adequate experience. You mention low powered small variables. I've had success with a Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 1.5-4x20 using a Leupold integral mounting system on an AR. The scope has the very plain but quite functional duplex reticle.

I find this setup lacking in no way for general target shooting from the bench or offhand up to 200 yards. I seldom have an opportunity to shoot beyond that distance. Never had a red dot sight or seen a need for one, or anything on a gun that requires batteries. I see no use for cluttered reticles. But if a true pro says these are best for specialized applications, that's probably very good information, far better than my opinion. I am not a competitor.

I don't quite understand constant reference to guns intended for use in situations of total civil disorder or end-of-the-world crises. We should all be reasonably prepared but there is a big difference between that and a paranoid obsession.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: