View Single Post

Old 05-07-2017, 09:39 PM

Liked 630 Times in 243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR Moore View Post
As Phil notes above, the variable scope has some good points. Especially in locating targets somewhat distant. I"m debating such a purchase now. I love my Aimpoint PRO, but you can't hit what you can't see.

However, the issue is in finding a scope with features appropriate to the platform and cartridge. For instance, you really don't need:
instantly adjustable windage & elevation dials and reticules with hold over markers to multi-hundred yard distances...
You are way to narrow minded. Especially when it comes to competition and what someone needs. Sure, you can give your opinion but "need" is relative. Maybe YOU don't need variable optics or hold over/windage marks, that doesn't mean others don't or would not benefit from them.

As far as competition goes, I have not, as of yet, sold my children or wife for a competitive edge. I can tell you I'm a much better shooter than I was 2 years ago. Shooting while moving, transitioning from one weapon to another, reloading on the move, keeping track of shots fired, etc. These are a few of the things I have improved on while competing in 3 gun and action shooting. I'll also mention the friends I've made and the better shooters who I've learned from.

ETA: NRA High power rifle is shot out to 500-600 yards.

Quote:
The rifles currently defined as "Service Rifles" include the M1, M14, M16 and their commercial equivalents

Courses of Fire
There are 4 strings of fire which are the basic building blocks of any NRA high power rifle course of fire or tournament. These are:

1. Slow Fire, standing - 10 rounds at 200 yards in 10 minutes.
2. Rapid Fire, sitting or kneeling - 10 rounds at 200 yards in 60 seconds.
3. Rapid Fire, 10 rounds prone - 300 yards in 70 seconds.
4. Slow Fire, 10 rounds prone - 500 or 600 yards in 10 minutes.
Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Kodiakco; 05-07-2017 at 10:04 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: