View Single Post

Old 05-08-2017, 09:37 PM

Liked 48 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbrass View Post
The trigger bar loop gap from the factory was .024", which left the trigger break and reset out a bit farther than necessary even with the Apex sear. I took the gap down to .016", which still left about .110" of overtravel measured rear of the trigger at the top (held punches behind the trigger). I wouldn't want it in much closer, and the existing amount of overtravel is tolerable.
Just installed the sear on my standard Shield 9 and have a PC to compare.

PC9 at 200 rounds at 5# 15.1oz
Shield 9 before (485 rounds, decent dry fire): 6# 10.4oz.
Shield 9 after Apex Sear 100-063: 5# 3.2oz. (dropped 1# 7.2oz)

While I was in there, I messed with the trigger bar: 0.021" stock, widened it to 0.028" then closed it to 0.016" but over-travel was still at 2-3mm (used a punch behind the notch on the trigger), similar to the PC's overtravel.

I'm going to double check my values later on but the PC has the longest take up and the least sear movement. 5mm reset in the Apex'd Shield vs 4.75mm in the PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REARSPROCKET View Post
I used an M&P Pro factory sear in my Shield and the trigger is very nice. The Pro sear is the same as a Performance Center sear. S&W adds a heavier sear spring under it to bring weight up a little. A lot of people set up their Pros for competition and install Apex sears, so there are a lot of new take out sears to be found. I tried an Apex 063 and it was very nice but too light for carry from just under 4lbs to just over.
The heavier spring is the one under the cap that is under the sear right? I may have to look for a stock non performance center spring to try in my PC9.

Last edited by greeenteeee; 05-09-2017 at 07:14 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: