View Single Post

Old 05-09-2017, 05:35 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 4,671 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Gun Fan View Post
I agree about getting it appraised. I think it would bring $2000 to $3000.
I would tend to agree. Seems like a nice, honest gun. If the mechanical condition is excellent, it clasps shut TIGHT, functions nice and crisp, with now cylinder shake when cocked ... and ... (more than likely it will ) all the serial numbered parts match, Don is correct.

I like the NM3s with the French dealers' scroll on it. I have only had one in my life with a French Dealer's scroll on it. I was so anxious to letter it be it came back shipped to Shuyler, Hartley and Graham in NYC. Duh on me. SH&G were the major European exporters for S&W.

The amount of blue that has thinned from handling and age is less important to me than the mechanical condition and function.

However, on a similar piece with the metal is as original ... clean and smooth like yours, with deep markings, but sporting 95% of the original blue, would bring twice that and upward.

PS: I can better the previous offer of $20 that someone so generously offered you. Keep in touch with us here if you truly wish to part with it. I like it !!

Last edited by model3sw; 05-09-2017 at 05:38 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: