View Single Post

Old 05-11-2017, 01:04 PM

Liked 5,572 Times in 1,319 Posts
Default Mauser P-38 WWII Outfit

Actually a much better gun than the Luger in most regards. I kept one as my personal handgun from 1972-1995. This one is a 1943 Vet bring back from Middle Georgia that I picked up about 5 years ago. I got to missing the one I sold off in 1995. . .$550 seemed like a terrible price to me at the time. Now they are all $1200 and up. I can't figure out why. When I grabbed up this gun, I told them I didn't want the holster. They insisted that I take it. I was having a stupid day. I'm glad they forced me to take it. The gun is mint. It is apparent that Mauser didn't like being forced to produce the P-38. The exterior of the barrel is like a very fine screw. There are also machine marks here and there. Basically an unfired and unused gun that the GI picked up and carried around for his duration in the War. You can see how the soldiers stored their collections of war artifacts. They cut the straps off the back of the holster, poked holes in the leather, and kept all the medals and pins they had picked up with holster. The Nazi markings are still visible on the back of the holster, but just barely. The medals and pins wore down the markings over time during the War. I didn't get those with the gun, but have a ton of them anyway. There was a Walther sitting next to this one when I bought it, but I passed for lack of money. Now I wish I had bought it too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P38 Pic 1.jpg (132.8 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg P38 Pic 2.jpg (112.0 KB, 234 views)