View Single Post

Old 05-11-2017, 01:12 PM

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddocktor View Post
And I will respectfully disagree with you on that. Been loading BD in 357 since the 70's and 44 Mag since the 80's with no problems. And I still have around 3 lbs left to use up that I bought when powder was so hard to find a few years ago. I do not load 125 or less grain bullets with it in 357 since Alliant came out with their warning. The main thing I don't like about BD is the fact that it meters poorly out of my Lyman 55 and my Dillon powder measures. There are other powders that meter much better that I have and can use instead and accomplish what I want. And I wasn't shooting them out of a K frame, but rather a model 27, so I had plenty for meat in the barrel at the forcing cone.

And I did some testing with BD in 9MM and it runs pretty darn good actually. But again, poor metering on my measures means that I hand weigh every charge.
Thanks for info. Blue Dot just seemed to hot and fast burn rate. 10 grains 158 JHP fired 20 second intervals heated cylinder and barrel too much for my liking.

In my Smith 459 9MM (new spring slide) 7gr. 124gr. JHP seemed to be a little hard on slide. Whereas Power Pistol 6.2gr 124gr. JHP became pretty standard load.

Blue Dot was not very accurate in either handgun even as I worked up loads. Shows each firearm is different. What works for one person's firearm does not mean it will work well for another's. I too weigh each load.
Once again thanks for input.