View Single Post

Old 05-11-2017, 09:36 PM

Liked 9,423 Times in 4,223 Posts

Well, life got a lot more complicated. I am now the proud possessor of an original K-32 barrel, never installed, as new, with narrow rib. I thought it was going to be the later one but in a weird, wonderful swing of Karma, I got the barrel I wanted all along, the one to match my 1948 vintage K-22 and K-38 guns with narrow ribs. Now I can build exactly what I want.

So why complicated? On the assumption that I was getting a late style barrel, I found a very nice Model 14-3 to use as my donor gun. I got it right on GB because it had a set of really ugly Goodyears and was poorly described as to amount of blue loss. Now that it's here, the Goodyears came off and a pair of the proper football relief targets went on. With a little cleaning, it looks much better than expected. The fat rib won't match the narrow one on the barrel, so it's disqualified as a donor, but it is really pretty nice. Now my dilemma... what do I do with another K-38? Should I keep it and expand my herd in a new and unexpected direction, or trade it off for the donor gun I'm going to need to go with the barrel (and K-22 cylinder I already have for reboring) or what? Should I mention that the 14-3 has a really good trigger pull? Complications!

Oh yeah, and I also have this gorgeous LERK K-22 barrel to find a home for. See what I mean? Complications!

the confused Green Frog
The Following User Likes This Post: