Thread: No rail 3953TSW
View Single Post

Old 05-12-2017, 12:15 PM

Liked 17,299 Times in 6,650 Posts

I got to the range yesterday to try out the 3953TSW. The trigger is smooth, but the trigger pull is lonnnnngggg. Longer, it seems, than the DA pull on the 3913TSW. That took some getting used to. Actually, it's still going to require some more range time before start to carry it. Tough job, but someone has to go the range.

Reduced size target at 21 feet, shooting 124gr Winchester White Box FMJ.

As you can see, the first few rounds were low and to my left. That was just because of the trigger pull, the gun is fine. As I got more used to the trigger, my hits started moving up, but still to my left. That part I attribute to the loosey goosey nature of the Delrin grips. I'll put on a Pachmyar rubber grip sleeve and try again. Those work well on my other 3rd Gens, including the 3913TSW, so I expect that will help here.

The last several magazines resulted in that ragged hole bridging the X-9 rings. Pretty consistently accurate once I got used to the trigger pull.

Because I didn't want to go cold range for my last seven shots, I aimed at the head. Rounds were Hydro Shock 135 JHP "low recoil", which I'm considering as the carry round. Grouping was okay, but I still need to work on the pull to my left issue.

Overall, a satisfactory day at the range. I also got to do the same thing for my new to me 36-1 3". I'll post about that over in the revolver forum.