View Single Post

Old 05-13-2017, 06:41 PM

Liked 3,443 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag312 View Post
I own just one .22 caliber revolver, a Smith & Wesson K22 Masterpiece, s/n K155XX. I believe that puts in in 1947. It is so accurate, that it makes me look good. I'm not suggesting that you get one as old as mine. What I am suggesting is that when you are tempted to buy a lesser revolver, you take the money you would spend, put it in an sealed envelope, and put the envelope away. Then the next time you are tempted to buy a lesser revolver, you take that money, put it in an sealed envelope, and put that envelope away with the first. After you have done this a few times, you take the money out of the envelopes and buy the best .22 caliber revolver; a K22 Masterpiece, Model 17, Model 18, etc. Trust me, you will be happy.
Sound advice, I've seen lots of club members with lots of money tied up in big bore guns, they can't afford to feed. Then they have a ****** .22 they shoot all the time, and don't really enjoy.

My policy has always been to buy the best .22 guns I can, and to buy any .22 that looks like fun. That way you can have a boat load of fun at the range with just a few dollars of ammo.