View Single Post

Old 05-14-2017, 07:59 AM

Liked 10,540 Times in 3,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggfoot44 View Post
In today's global economy, I won't hold my breath for returning production to USA. I would be pleased to see at least part of the line offered in 1095 even for a modest upcharge.

Really, Rough Rider ? I see them heavily feature from SMKW , but had assumed them to be typical cheap Chinese . If they are better than average for Chinese , I'll have to test drive one. Is there anything in 3-4in folder that stands out ?
SMKW owns the brand, along with Colt (now defunct) and Marbles. One thing I like about Rough Rider is that it is it's own brand, not trying to ride the coat tails of an established brand.

When I first came across them a few years ago, they were considered good "for the money", generally well made but sometimes with flaws in fit and finish. For ten bucks, you could try out an unfamiliar pattern to see if you wanted to spend $80 or $100 for something from Great Eastern.

Since then, quality and consistency have only improved, in my experience. More and more people are collecting Rough Rider in their own right.

One of my favorite carries is their Improved Muskrat, about 4" closed, with a long sheepsfoot in place of a second clip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (44.4 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by Marshwheeling; 05-14-2017 at 08:07 AM.