View Single Post

Old 05-14-2017, 12:34 PM

Liked 420 Times in 271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield9mm View Post
It is a total pita to put it back, I spend probably half an hour trying to figure it out. I almost lost it, what a weird design.
I agree, its a true test of a man's character

Quote:
I just now saw this. Thanks for the pics. It explains the issues perfectly. I have never seen a mag floor plate like that. I wish I could spend some time with this mag to figure out the intricacies of reassembly.
Welcome

NEW TIP FOR ASSEMBLY... I believe I have discovered the "trick" to this process .

In the attached vid for reassembly, when you slide the baseplate back on the legs of the spring retainer "cant's" at an angle. When they do this it gets very persnickety to get the spring retainer to recess back into the baseplate.

At this point all you can do is reach in the locking tab opening with a roll punch or the like. As Shield9mm said, its a PITA and there is usually swearing involved

The new trick.....

Pinch mag on its side between thumb and index finger in a manner that your fingers end up pointing at the ends of the legs. Once you poke the punch, at a downward angle, into the locking tab hole to level the spring retainer, move the punch back-and-forth while gently aligning the legs into their notches.

This is all by FEEL and after a few times you will get the hang of it when the spring retainer snaps into place.

Hope this works for everybody

Last edited by Dad_Roman; 05-14-2017 at 12:39 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: