View Single Post

Old 05-14-2017, 03:04 PM

Liked 1,336 Times in 431 Posts
Default Advice for starting my "collection"

So, I've always had an appreciation for nice, double action revolvers. Have had quite a few pass through my hands in the last thirty years or so. Probably should have started buying them back in the 80's and early 90's when they were plentiful and affordable.

Anyhow, I'm at a point in my life where I want to start picking a few up. I'm not really a collector of anything and will be enjoying putting rounds down range with them so I'm not really looking for mint pieces or super rare gems. What I'm looking for are working examples that show a little character and good honest use.

I was curious which models I should be on the lookout for. I am thinking maybe a model 64 or 10 might make a good first piece to get the ball rolling.

I'm also thinking that in the next several years we will be seeing more older revolvers hit the market reasonably priced as the older generation of shooters and collectors begins to leave us and their heirs don't have the same appreciation for the revolver that their parents and grandparents did.
The Following User Likes This Post: