View Single Post

Old 05-15-2017, 07:55 AM

Liked 13,335 Times in 3,307 Posts

I don't know how many 22's I've owned over the years but it's been a bunch of them. Aside from several S&W's I've owned Colts, Dan Wesson, Harrington & Richardson's, High Standards, Ruger, Taurus, and a couple I don't even remember the names.

Still own a couple even though I seldom shoot them. A Ruger Single-Six, 50th anniversary model, and a High Standard R-101. They're both good shooters.

It's pretty hard to beat a Ruger Single-Six. I've never seen much sense in the 10 shot one, but I suppose if someone likes it, there's nothing wrong with it. I liked the fixed sights on the 50th anniversary Model. It makes it look more like a Colt SAA.

I got this one, a High Standard Sentinel, R-101 more as a novelty than anything else, but I've owned a couple other Sentinel's and they're great guns. About the size of a K-frame Smith, nine shots, aluminum frame, they're light as a feather. Great guns for packing all day.

Of the others I'd put Dan Wesson at the top of the heap. The only down is they're bigger and heavier than a K-frame Smith.

Taurus. A lot of people knock Taurus, but I've always had good luck with them. However I always buy used, so the ones I've owned have been older ones, with wood grips. They made for a short time apparently, a Model 96 which is a more or less clone of the Model 17. If you can find one, it's worth checking out. The same goes for the older Model 94's. There is one pictured earlier in this thread. Well worth checking out.
John 3:16 .