View Single Post

Old 05-15-2017, 08:39 PM

Liked 6,630 Times in 1,832 Posts

This thread make me not alone anymore. America was the envy of the knife world till WW2. We produced such a variety of folders mainly, unlike anywhere else in the world. Quality was anywhere from inexpensive to the best of the best. I have collected American folders and US military knives for more than 30 years. Like all knifers, antique Case, Remington's, Winchester's, Honk Falls, Miller Brothers, and New York knife company products were the cream of the crop and unsurpassed and my main focus. But along the way lesser desired antique folders joined my collection. I carry most knives for several days a year and along the way several have had more pocket time than others. A WW2 bone handled 2 blade easy opener Imperial is a favorite. Lately an old 1950's Schrade Walden serpentine cattleman with nickel silver bolsters and shield and brass liners rides the most. This knife was found in a junk box for one dollar. A lot of wear and an abundance of character. This slim folder has a handle seldom seen any more. It is a synthetic material with swirls of yellow and brown. It was known as butter and molasses. Neat knife.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: