View Single Post

Old 05-16-2017, 04:46 AM

Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default Recommend a DVD on disassembly/reassembly newer style revolvers

I've got a brand new 625-8 .45 ACP N-Frame revolver. The one with the red/white/blue wood grips.

I'm looking for a real good instructional DVD on these newer Smith and Wesson revolvers. It would need to be DVD quality. i.e. no "VHS" on DVD. And it has to be over the newer revolvers with the lock and the frame mounted firing pin.

Preferably, would like it if it would go over basic things to check on your revolver and how to check specs. i.e. with gauges, etc. to check if your gun is all in spec. And what other tools you may need.

Main thing I'm looking at is a good detailed disassembly and reassembly. Pretty much show you with close ups step by step how to tear the whole thing down and put it back together with the correct tools. Not worried about removing the barrel, or removing things that are pinned in.

High quality with close ups, and giving instructions on what not to do as well or what to watch out for. i.e. flying springs...

Also them showing you how to clean the whole gun while it is apart and what to use to re-lube in interior of the gun. And I guess also general cleaning for when you don't tear the whole gun apart.

What would be the best of some of those DVD's for that?

I picked up the AGI DVD, but that has poor VHS quality and they use the older revolvers.

Also, I'm planning on using M-Pro7 cleaners and oil to clean and oil my revolver. Not sure if I need something else with regards to the insides of the gun.