View Single Post

Old 05-16-2017, 07:44 AM

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Thanks. I did disassemble the gun and clean it before taking it to the range. I ran a small amount of Hoppe's on a patch down the barrel followed by a lightly oiled patch followed by a dry patch. The rest of the gun I just wiped down what I could reach with a dry rag, no solvent. I then sprayed Rem oil on a cotton swab and applied it to all of the points of contact listed in the manual. Maybe I need to lube it better and rack the slide a bunch of times.

Like I mentioned I am fairly new to handguns but have been around guns and hunting all of my life. The bore cleaning procedure is what I have done with rifles all of my life except that I would normally start with a solvent soaked brush. Didn't feel that was necessary on a never shot barrel. The rest I wasn't sure about so I did some reading and most consistent thing I read was not to over-oil things. Maybe I went too skimpy on it, especially for a brand new gun. As hard as this slide is sticking I suspect the problem is more significant than that. Took quite a bit of force to get it forward again.
The Following User Likes This Post: