View Single Post

Old 05-16-2017, 10:22 AM

Liked 1,626 Times in 799 Posts

It looks like Jerry Miculek has a trigger job DVD that also shows a complete disassembly and re-assembly. He knows what he is doing and i'd guess it's more current revolver.

With the 1,000's of videos that cover the process available on youtube for free, there probably isn't a very large demand for people who want to pay money for this type of video.

The thing I like about watching different youtube videos is that you get multiple perspectives, angles, insights, pieces of advice, etc. that would be hard to reproduce in one video. The only part of the process that requires much mechanical ability is getting the rebound slide out and back in. The rest of the process can be done with a screw driver and your fingers(at least that's how it works on my older revolvers...).

If your interested in a detailed guide on all the different specs and a detailed analysis of how everything interacts the Kuhnhausen Shop Manual is a great resource. I have one for 1911's and Colt revolvers and it covers everything you'd ever need to know.