View Single Post

Old 05-16-2017, 02:17 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Getting back to the original problem ... I have a new (~500 rounds) Shield 9mm CA model that has had the slide jammed passed slide lock once on about round 400. Once in 400 rounds is too many times for a CCW IMO. I called S&W and they promptly gave me an RMA. After waiting 1.5 months I received my weapon back yesterday with a note simply saying the problem could not be replicated and no action was taken. This is BS, and I am in a bit of a quandary as how to proceed at this point. It also guarantees I won't purchase another S&W.

Having read all the reports in this forum and others and I am convinced that there is a definite issue and S&W must be aware of it. Somebody mentioned a possible tooling issue above which makes sense as this is a relatively recent problem.

I think True_Precision_Inc might be onto something, but I inspected my barrel and slide and can't see any marks, but it only jammed once so far. It seems like the cleaning/lubrication fix is suspect, I just measured the recoil spring force at 9 lbs initially, and 13 lbs at full compression which is a lot.

Any suggestions? Can the slide and barrel base be safely ground in polished a bit in those areas indicated in the above pics?

Thanks for any help!