Thread: Need diagnosis
View Single Post

Old 05-16-2017, 02:56 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorer951 View Post
If the problem is just broken trigger springs, I'd be happy to repair them for you, if you can't find a local armorer or gunsmith to replace them. I'm not sure how much the rivet and spring cost, but it can't be much. I'm sure the USPS would appreciate all the business.
Thank you for the offer, but the postage and transfer fees alone would bankrupt me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
If the spring isn't broken, you can fix it with a pencil with eraser.
Oh, I've tried the pencil eraser fix many times. It gets better for a little while and then it goes right back to being buggy again. Perhaps I'm not being aggressive enough or just not doing it right but it hasn't been a permanent solution for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
If you can find them. Numrich has the springs, but not the rivets. Brownell's has the rivet, but not the spring. I suppose the best way to find them would be to try the factory. If they still have them.
Exactly right. I saw that same split availability and I'm not even sure the springs they are selling are the later "improved" type. Far better if you can get the parts directly from the mothership... and probably cheaper too.