View Single Post

Old 05-16-2017, 04:32 PM

Liked 2,227 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContinentalOp View Post
As can be seen in the photos posted so far in this thread, there is quite a bit of variation in people's hands. Ultimately, you have to find a grip that works for you.

I went ahead and took a couple of pictures, one with my finger on the trigger before pulling and one with the trigger back (note: gun was unloaded and a safe backstop was used off camera):

My hands are somewhere between a small and medium glove size. I can get about half of my pinky finger on the grip. I'm using the Centennial version of Spegel's boot grips with the tall "ears," so I can grip a little higher.

I don't notice my trigger finger touching my thumb. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I don't place my trigger finger's joint on the trigger face, it's more like the trigger face is immediately to the left of the joint, if that makes sense. You might be able to tell that on the first picture. My trigger finger does slide across the trigger face a little as I pull it, which isn't a problem since my focus is on pulling the trigger straight back. The amount of finger through the trigger guard doesn't really matter so long as the trigger is pulled straight back.
Yeah, you guys with shorter fingers are lucky. THIS I can not do. My thumb is too far forward to be able to bend down far enough to not impede my trigger finger. WITH BOOT GRIPS. With the tamers it works perfectly like this.