View Single Post

Old 05-16-2017, 08:58 PM

Liked 1,408 Times in 847 Posts
Default New to reloading and I have a question.

This is my first post, as I'm new to reloading. My question is I've loaded 50 rounds of the Speer LSWCHP in once fired Winchester brass. I used 3.7 grains of Bullseye and CCI small pistol primers.

The Speer Manual #14 says for +p rounds the range is 3.5 to 3.9. I'll be shooting them out of a couple of j frame snubbies. What can I expect? I'm a little nervous.

I've loaded the Speer LRN with 3.1 grains of Bullseye and they shot ok. Are these going to be to hot? Thanks in advance for the wisdom!

These would be .38 special +p. I want to make sure that I gave y'all all the info and forgot the caliber. Thanks for pointing it out TjB101. Also, I forgot to mention these are 158 grain bullets. Thanks hdwhit!

An update to my post. Prior to loading the rounds in question, I loaded some Speer .38 special, 158 grain, LRN, with 3.1 grains of Bullseye, the minimum in the Speer manual. These shoot very well out of my j frames, a 637 and a 640. I've also loaded some with 3.5 grains of BE. I haven't been to the range to try them yet, or the rounds in question.

Last edited by Bill In Texas; 05-17-2017 at 01:47 PM.