View Single Post

Old 05-17-2017, 07:56 AM
US Veteran

Liked 5,703 Times in 1,409 Posts

So............OP.........you have been lurking around this forum since 2009. I congratulate you sir for resisting the addiction this long. I have found that while this forum and the members are the most experts in anything S & W you will ever run across, they are also "fellow addicts" and every post with a photo just immediately reaches out and says " you gotta get one of these"....and off I go on another hunt.

Other traps to beware of: Pass up every WWII Victory you come across, no matter how low the price because this will instantly open up the WWII bug and then you'll just have to have a Garand, a 1911A1, a M1 Carbine...and don't forget a Luger.

Now you find yourself on half a dozen different forums and you are never finished, satisfied or done accumulating/collecting, investing, or whatever buzz word you use to support the addiction.

I have seen it so many times on this forum and other places that "I am only getting one more gun and then I am done"

Like posted above, get whatever floats your boat today, shoot the heck out of it, always watching for the next one and who knows you may just stumble across that Registered Magnum that was only shot a few times on Sunday by the little old lady from Pasadena (Texas...not California) and is up for sale for $500 with box and docs, etc.

Just do not forget to set aside enough money and floor space for that second safe (or third) as Smiths for sure seem to multiply on their own just sitting there.

Best of luck in "growing" your collection
SWCA#3083, SWHF#570