View Single Post

Old 05-17-2017, 08:20 AM

Liked 1,182 Times in 374 Posts
Default Brand New 5946 at Cabella's

I closed the deal on the new 5946 for $550. It has the factory fired casing in a sealed envelope dated 2014 as well as a total of 3 15 rd magazines. The night sights are also marked 2014.

It is marked as a Houlton, Maine assembled firearm and in my opinion makes it unique as one of the last manufactured 3rd generation semi-autos made.

An opportunity to buy a brand new, fired once at the factory, 3rd generation Smith & Wesson could not be passed up. I now have the first issue no dash model 59 in excellent condition and adding the last of the "wonder nines" to my collection is a welcome addition.

From the Cabella's web site they have this comment about the new issue 5946's:

"Smith and Wesson kept a large number of these in back stock for the NYPD and other departments still purchasing this firearm even after the machinery broke and they discontinued them to the public. In 2014 the NYPD decided to stop purchasing this firearm from S&W. As they were the last department to be purchasing the 5946 Smith and Wesson sold their entire back stock to Cabelas. They are the 3rd generation, no manual safety, double action only, no magazine disconnect, night sights, and come with 3 magazines."

They list them now for $799 and I don't think that is a bad price for a new manufacture 5946. I'm glad I got mine for less but would have paid the $799 asking price.

I doubt that I will fire the new 5946 so it will be my first safe queen.

digiroc

Last edited by digiroc; 05-17-2017 at 08:22 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: