View Single Post

Old 05-17-2017, 12:03 PM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

I'm not really a huge fan of the grip safety in modern times, tbh. I suppose it made a bit of sense with some of the old-time exposed-trigger and flap holsters in duty carry, but in modern holster designs and CCW, it's too easy to deactivate inadvertently, and is going to be deactivated anyway whenever you're holstering and drawing.

That's not to say I think the 1911 design is any less or more safe than other actions, however!

I simply think that the holster itself is as much a "safety" as anything on the gun, whether it simply provides a stiff shell to protect the trigger, or goes as far as having a strap under the hammer (1911 thumbreak-styles), or over it (strapped revolver holsters).

I'd be interested in trying out your pre-A1 pistol, especially with that grip safety. I was actually looking for one of those in stainless for my .22 match build, but wound up with a plain-old beavertail. I also wanted a Turnbull undercut thumb safety, but at $87 each and having never fit a thumb safety (or much of anything) before, I went with a Wilson Combat.

Last edited by Wise_A; 05-17-2017 at 12:10 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: