View Single Post

Old 05-17-2017, 02:46 PM

Liked 700 Times in 392 Posts

My wife and I have been confronted by loose dogs while walking in the neighborhood. The most threatening was a pack of small dogs, led by a 40 pound mongrel, which assumed the role of pack leader. Dogs may not recognize a deadly threat, but they do understand body language. After a few seconds with their fate in my hand, they wandered off.

The elderly father of a friend was attacked in his driveway and seriously injured by a pair of Irish setters, not known for their aggression.

That said, pit bulls (and I use that term generically) are powerful dogs capable of inflicting serious injury or death, and often the propensity to do so. It surprised me how some will defend their "pit bull" family members. I question their motives. There are far more cuddly pets.

I am on blood thinners. A hangnail can bleed for half an hour. I have no intention of taking a nip from a cocker spaniel, much less a bite from a bull dog.

To those who would defend their "pets" to the death, please have a plan B in mind.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: