View Single Post

Old 05-17-2017, 09:56 PM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
Or it could be that us old timers just put safety on a higher priority than the yutes of today. A lot of the striker ND's can be traced back to covered trigger guards, and the finger in the trigger, or another object.
No. Proportionally, just as many people shot themselves from 1920-1980. Another popular pastime was shooting through the floor of bathrooms.

The difference today is that we have the internet, so you hear about it every time some knucklehead pops himself in the leg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff
I carried a Glock for a couple years with one. I don't understand all the "trigger uncovered" comments. When it's inside the waist band, the trigger is covered.
I would go so far as to suggest that the Glock is better-suited to this sort of thing. The trigger is longer and can be made heavier, but chiefly, it has a trigger safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M29since14
but my gun had no extended safety lock and the mechanical detent was strong enough that I didn't worry about the safety lock getting accidentally swiped off.
Which is a whole 'nother issue. With the shoot-fast fad in full-swing, nearly every gun on the market has an enormous, competition-size thumb safety, even ones marketed as CCW-able. Sometimes even two (ambis)!

Worse, people think shoot-fast games are an approximation of defensive shooting, so you couldn't even sell a gun with a decently-sized thumb safety.