View Single Post

Old 05-18-2017, 08:02 AM

Liked 191 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamloco76 View Post
Lately it seems that most manufacturers, S&W, Ruger, Charter Arms, Taurus, Kimber etc. are relying on either their dealers or the customer who buys the gun to be the final quality check.
My friend has to send back firearms from just about every company his store deals with because of obvious defects. He just returned a Ruger LCP because the trigger stuck to the rear when he pulled it to check the action. How did that revolver get by the QC?
These QC issues sort of remind me of the US auto makers of the late 1970s and 1980s. Get it built and get it out. However, I have a model 60-15, M&P Shield 9, Victory .22, M&P Compact .40 and a Walther PPK made by S&W that are all flawless.
I'm an airgun tuner and a lot of the German rifles made in the 2000 to 2010 range were terrible. Weihrauch and Diana have retooled their factory and now produce some of the best air rifles ever.
I wish S&W would do the same. But it appears they are wringing every last dollar they can out of their product. Probably pushing their employees too hard and giving the familiar industrial cry "Let it gooo".
The Following User Likes This Post: