View Single Post

Old 05-18-2017, 12:58 PM

Liked 5,572 Times in 1,319 Posts
Default Victory Navy Today's Purchase

It rarely happens, but every now and then you find a gun that is too nice for what it is. This one either stayed state side or in inventory somewhere during the war. My daughter's last husband's father was in the Navy and said he carried one. . .never left the United States. He secured Japanese prisoners who were interred in this country during the round-up following Pearl Harbor. This gun appears to be one of those. Never fired as far as I can tell, and carried just a bit. The Colonel (again) seems to be selling the last and best of his guns right now. I know my LGS has been through $30,000 worth of them the past year. Like all of us, he saved his nicest ones for last. This is the third Navy he has sold that I have seen. I didn't like the other two. Not a gun I was looking for. This one was too nice to pass. Paid a big old $300 for it. Guns are pretty soft right now. The Navy must be a pretty common Smith since I see them out all the time, but they are always too cruddy to buy. The SN on this one is V2391XX. I'm guessing 1942. Anyone have a date on this SN? What are these things going for these days? I'd give it a 95% and 100% internally and mechanically. All SN match including the grips. The case colors are deep and stunning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0627.jpg (181.6 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0628.jpg (167.7 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0629.jpg (58.5 KB, 113 views)