Thread: Sport II $399
View Single Post

Old 05-19-2017, 08:27 AM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

According to the Inflation Calculator page $100 (the price of an SKS in 1990) would now be equal to almost $190. The way things are going the price an AR will be a better value than the price of an SKS way back when. And of course the quality if night and day different. I certainly wouldn't have bought my SKS way back when if I could have bought an AR for about double the price. It's certainly a better rifle and it would be almost silly to buy an SKS even if it was still half the price. Of course an SKS now will run you around $400 if you can find one and most likely it will be a police trade in. The days of buying unused rifles from storage are pretty much over. There aren't a lot of them still around.

My SKS has served me well. I can't complain about a rifle I paid $100 for and shot thousands of times. It's fairly accurate (not AR accurate) and it's dead reliable even with the detachable mags I installed the first day I bought the rifle. Those mags have never failed a single time. But the AR is so much better it's not funny. So many advantages even if the SKS is crazy reliable.
The Following User Likes This Post: