View Single Post

Old 05-19-2017, 10:46 AM

Liked 103 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues7 View Post
Reviving an old thread simply to report that I just purchased and installed a console safe from Lock'er Down in San Antonio, TX and couldn't be more pleased (unless it had been gifted to me).

Installs in five minutes and provides reasonably good insurance and peace of mind for those times when one must temporarily secure a gun or personal item away from home.

Worth considering, imho. I'm glad I did. They offer LE and mil discounts. Call for further info. (I have no connection to the company other than as a satisfied, paying customer.)

The unit I purchased has a 4 digit combo lock but here is a stock photo:

They are good for a smash and grab, but I have a friend who's was broken into while eating lunch at a Restaurant. His is in an F250 and apparently a cordless sawzall was used to cut the cam. He said it didn't take the thief long at all. He didn't have a gun inside at the time since he was carrying. It's a shame that now we have to consider cordless power tools used by thieves. A few years back it was common around here to come out to your car in a parking lot and find your catalytic converter missing. Also from a cordless sawzall. It's hard to stay a step ahead, but anything to buy a little time will help in most cases. Glad I am rarely in a position that I have to leave a gun in my vehicle.