View Single Post

Old 05-19-2017, 01:42 PM

Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevans555 View Post
I wear my RX sunglasses everytime I step outside, I dont wear my regular eyeglasses becuase they dont fit properly and are constantly unlevel and sliding, and Ive been back 3 times to lenscrafters alredy to have them fix them.

Also as I mentioned I dont have a public range to go to so this rifle purchase was never meant to be a long range rifle.

I just wanted something fun to shoot and if ever there was a SHTF/crisis it would fill that role.. Now, i hate using "SHTF" because im not a prepper or survivalist( not anything against it) but I wanted this to be able to handle up close to medium range. I feel like if there ever was a SHTF moment and I needed that rifle it would be useless if I lost or broke my sunglasses. If I had planned on using this for 100 yards and further I would have bought a scope to begin with.

But , im open to any suggestions but I honestly feel like if you guys could see what I see it would be unacceptable and you would start looking for an optic that works for you, instead of keeping an optic that you have to work for.
I doubt your red dot looks worse than the cluster of grapes that all of mine do without my prescription glasses. But if you are determined not to wear your glasses you've got a few options.

-- Look at red dot optic with a 5MOA dot. It will likely look a lot better. And for the distances you mention, a 5MOA dot is well suited.

-- Vortex Spitfire AR Prism Sight 1x. Should look good to your eyes but you won't be able to co-witenss with your irons like you can with the SPARC you have..

-- Choose a variable 1-4x scope. Won't be able to co-witness.

-- Chose a low power fixed magnification compact scope. Won't be able to co-witnss.

-- Forget using an optic.

-- Rethink using your glasses.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 05-19-2017 at 01:46 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: