View Single Post

Old 05-19-2017, 02:00 PM

Liked 2,227 Times in 945 Posts

Last night I installed some boot grips back on and did some dry firing. But this time I wrapped 3 good sized rubber bands around the grip. The upper part. That little bit of girth does help my thumb not get overly in the way of pulling the trigger. I still touch it sometimes that way though. I kind of wish there was something in between the tamers and the boot grips. When I do dry firing, I feel I have a bit better control with the trigger with the smaller grips. But the upside to the tamers is soaking up recoil. I might try the Pachmyrs and see if they are kind of a compromise. They seem like they might be a bit smaller. My Mom has a bodyguard .38 and she wants some bigger grips on it. And she liked the Tamers on my 442. So I could transfer them to that gun if I like some other grips.

I'm pretty sure I'll probably be wincing with boot grips during recoil. But maybe not...... I like how those old Uncle Mikes ones look that people have. They seem like they're a bit bigger than the factory rubber ones or the laminated wood ones I have.