View Single Post

Old 05-19-2017, 04:18 PM

Liked 14,508 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoore View Post
I can't tell the difference. So much so that none of my various PC .44s are currently used for competition. Currently running a 629-6 Classic 8 3/8" (post DX production), with another getting prepped and a third used as a test mule. (It's been Magna Ported, so out of spec, rules-wise.) Also, running two 10 5/8" 29-3s, but they need quite a lot of special loading "magic" to shoot well.

The MIM gutted revolvers generally have the better trigger pulls, BTW. Certainly better throat dimensions, and smaller chambered than many of my older .44s. So much so, I have to be wary about shooting my competition loads in other guns, lest they have dramas after being reloaded and brought back into the 629-6 shooting complement. (And that's even using TWO Lee FCDs. One at the initial sizing operation (with crimping portion removed) and another for crimping duties.
J, love the new avatar!! As far as the differences between the PCs and standard production there's no real difference besides the rails, magnaporting, compensators & snazzy looks. Anything 629-4 and later will have the tighter cylinder throats and as you mentioned, the mim triggers are plenty smooth. I believe the 44 Magnum Hunter has the Walther rifling which sure can't hurt in accuracy. If someone wanted an accurate shooter and didn't want to pay for the extra doo dahs, the newer 629s would more than serve their purpose.