View Single Post

Old 05-19-2017, 06:02 PM

Liked 14,621 Times in 4,681 Posts
Default FedEx Ground: You can't get there from here

So I ordered a case (10 box of 50) of Winchester Ranger 130 gr +P from CDNN. $204 to the house. 2 days from Abilene TX to Ocala Fl. That was Sunday. 2 more days in Ocala for S&G's and down to Orlando Tuesday night. Wed. "out for delivery" and yep 12:39 pm, nobody home. No prob, I'll just sign electronically like I do for UPS. No can't do that. How about coming to the yard to pick it up? No can't do that. How about contacting the driver? No, can't do that. How about going to wherever that package will sleep tonight? "How would I know that?" OK, my stepdaughter will be here. "Is she 21? No, 19 I says. No, can't do that. Well, I was going to use my last "personal PDO" on Monday but Thursday is as close as I'm gonna get. About 12:39 pm driver shows up in his busted ### van with FedEx stickered on. Explains the "contractor" business model and basically that anything "ground" is "no frills" and if'n you can't get it, after the 3rd try back it goes. A couple folks still have jobs in America. I saved a few bucks on the ammo but paid out otherwise. I guess that Tom Hanks movie was only for "Express" customers because the customer service lady in Tennessee and the guy in Bombay reminded me more than once that I wasn't. You just can't get there from here. Joe