View Single Post

Old 05-19-2017, 06:55 PM
US Veteran

Liked 121 Times in 55 Posts

From a competitor standard point, it depends:

1. What skill sets are you trying to work on Bill Drill, 1-R-1, trigger work, decrease times for splits...

2. I have a few targets to match drills for the day. It can be as close as 5yd (1inch circle) or at max 25yd (6inch) of my indoor range.

3. The problem with alot of peeps, or just lack of of knowledge, is that you should set up some time of goal/skills to work on for that day at the range. Splits, small grouping, transitions, reloads, etc...When you don't set some type of goal all it turns into is a functions check of the weapon and making loud noises.

4. A while back I took a look at my skills and came up with a plan/agenda word document with targets in order to better track progress or areas where I needed improvement. Managed to get my draws and 1st shot into sub 1sec with fastest being a .82. 1 reload 1@ 1.3s (which still need alot of work).

*Point of it all is that you should go to the range with a goal in mind, especially with ammo prices. Every time I pull the 9mm trigger its about $.20 per pop so I need to get the most out it!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: