View Single Post

Old 05-19-2017, 11:52 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,296 Times in 4,529 Posts

340PD in a Galco horsehide pocket holster, with Speer .357 magnum 135 gr. Gold Dot short barrel rounds. Weighs as shown in some earlier posts, just under 16 ounces, loaded including the holster. I have killed a fair sized deer with this gun and ammo (told the story in an earlier thread), and the performance was perfect. I have great confidence in this combination, and it is so light and handy that I will have it with me even when I go out with the trash in pajama bottoms...even then it doesn't pull them down!!

Not exactly the most photogenic or glamorous of handguns, but the handiest, most powerful, lightweight combination I can think of, and I have quite a collection to choose from, since snubbies are sort of the focus of my collection interests.

If not the 340PD, one of the below is usually carried...340 PD is at the top, and the lightest. The 640-1 Pro Series has the best sights, but is twice the weight:

Best Regards, Les

Last edited by les.b; 09-08-2017 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Replace Photobucket photo with one not being held hostage
The Following 7 Users Like Post: