View Single Post

Old 05-20-2017, 10:38 AM

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

That's really good to hear! I have to say my experience with S&W wasn't the best.

The two products I bought new over the past six months both had problems from the factory. My .22 Compact had a defective barrel and a bad mag catch. My 15-22 had a problem with the extractor. My .22 compact was received at the S&W factory for two weeks with no notification to me. I called several times and was told they had no record of the gun. I was told that when they received it it would be at least 6-8 weeks to get it repaired. I then had to call and complain to a supervisor, who found the gun and agreed to get it back to me in 3 weeks.

My 15-22 was having constant FTF's and FTE's on all kinds of ammo. I was going to send it back but decided to try the Volquartsen extractor instead first. This completely solved the problem for me.

So, it really makes you wonder if S&W's QC is going down hill and that people are sending new guns back to them in droves do to all the defects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C J View Post
If that's true it's certainly a lot different than the treatment I got from SA. I bought an .40 caliber XDm pistol from a LGS for a seriously discounted price because it had serious feeding issues. I figured SA would help me out even though I bought the pistol used and it was old enough to be out of warranty. And they did. SA fixed it and they did it for free. I only paid to ship it to them. I got it back in about a month too which was pretty amazing.

That is my carry pistol still after about 5 years. It shoots and handles great. It isn't as accurate as my Sig but few pistols are. It's plenty accurate enough. And it holds 16+1 rounds of .40. That's pretty hard to turn away from.