View Single Post

Old 05-20-2017, 11:04 AM

Liked 4,105 Times in 1,214 Posts

I broke a Redhawk and a Gp100 (kgp-100 stainless).

The argument that they're built like a tank isn't true.

I sold the replacements Ruger sent me and still have the letters they sent saying they were going to be destroyed as the frames (both) were no good!

Now I know the argument that Rugers WILL take hotter loads as I started to handload with them. My Redhawk would handle loads my 629's wouldn't. But what's the point there. " the light that burns twice as bright, lasts half as long!" As anything mechanical has a breaking point. Both my Rugers force cones were shattered pretty badly. ...

I have several examples of fine smith Revolvers and all are holding up very well.

Another argument. One said ease of take down not requiring tools? Has anybody tried to do a trigger job on a Ruger? The Gp100 has 2 springs. Hammer and trigger. To get to remove WHOLE trigger assembly ! To get it out is a PITA!

The Redhawks use one spring and one spring only. It controls the hammer and triggger! You have to take out the assembly, flip that deal upside down and there's a hook? Nuh-uh! No way!

On a Smith: remove sideplate. Remove sear spring. Use small screwdriver lift trigger spring out carefully; put finger so spring doesn't fly across room! Done!

So it was alot easier to do a trigger on a smith than a Ruger. They're easier to work with. I think the metal is thinner; but harder where it needs to be. Great warranty! No brainer for me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Likes This Post: