View Single Post

Old 05-20-2017, 05:48 PM

Liked 29,239 Times in 13,823 Posts
Default That would be a civilized way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dots View Post
I'm an AMA member and fly R/C and know that this pilot was wrong in his doings. He endangered property and everyone he flew near to. The AMA insures you for $2M for accidents (if the rules are followed) at a cost of $80.00 per year. IF the pilot was an AMA member, he'll probably get booted out and I hope he does.
It would be good to enact blocks to this kind of behavior before people are compelled to blow them out of the sky with guns.

Someone can look at somebody laying by a pool and there's nothing to be done, it's like looking out of a building window, but if somebody is violating your 'airspace' to do it. This airspace needs to be defined.

If I were to KNOW that a drone didn't have a spy rig on it I wouldn't care as much, but they still should have to keep it away from peoples houses.

Be aware that people are doing this and install good curtains just like you do door locks.

I hope that are laws that allow you to 'defend' against drones. One limitation could be to use small birdshot that is made from a lighter material. I just don't think it's right that guns are not allowed while people are allowed to abuse others with their drones.

Last edited by rwsmith; 05-20-2017 at 06:11 PM.