View Single Post

Old 05-21-2017, 06:32 AM

Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

Ejector looks fine, has a new spring, and matches the photo of a replacement ejector on line.

I don't think it's an ejector problem, just from thinking through the stoppages. I do believe it's an ammo problem. I think it's a function of the slide not cycling reward far enough with the 115 gr. Commercial ammo.

I trying to remember back to what we used when I used a 39 as an offduty carry weapon. I remember wanting to carry JHP ammo, and there being lots of discussion on autos having problems feeding hollow points. Up until that point, everything was FMJ ball. I remember a discussion with some Secret Service guys, when they rolled into town, and I worked a detail with them. They had a pointy nosed, full metal jacketed like round, that I think was made by Remington. I tried it, and it cycled in my weapon just fine. I switched to it, firing a version of the ammo in FMJ ball on the range, and the hollow point as carry load. Wish I could remember what it was. During the day, the wheel guns were still duty carries. Ammo for the model 19's wasn't an issue. The model 39 was a nice to have, and started with the movement to be able to carry more ammo, and be able to reload faster. I feel in love with the 39 when it was an easier carry, and I shot better with it than the 19.
The Following User Likes This Post: