View Single Post

Old 05-21-2017, 11:18 AM
US Veteran

Liked 5,590 Times in 2,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big D View Post
AimHigher, spot on!

In thirty (30) years of big city crime fighting NEVER had a need for a second handgun...ever.

Moreover, in many hundreds of hours of range time I have NEVER had a non-intentional fail to fire or misfire.

Be safe.
In fifty adult years of big-and-small-city-non-crime-fighting, I have never had a need for a first handgun (except for that one cottonmouth in eastern NC, outside the city, when the floodwaters rose - TC Contender .44 HotShot cut him in half). Doesn't mean I don't carry a gun.

I, too, have hundreds of hours of range time. I HAVE had misfires, even with revolvers (at least two, NOT counting old ammo, and one of them tied up the revolver completely - a pierced primer with a 547 and new commercial ammo). Autos?

When I carry an auto, I carry a second gun. When I carry a revolver, I SHOULD carry a second gun, but I don't always.

OP: The first place to carry a second gun is on the ankle. More accessible when seated, accessible in an automobile. For a NY reload, pick what works for you, and practice. Your appendix carry is already not the most common, although there are many points in favor of it. It might be my first choice for third gun. You should pick one of the common choices for first gun. Not sure I even understand why you are asking everyone else's opinion on where to park your second gun, since you didn't follow their opinions on where to park your first one. Not saying you are wrong, at all, just wondering why you asked.
The Following User Likes This Post: