View Single Post

Old 05-21-2017, 11:43 PM

Liked 2,227 Times in 945 Posts

Interesting thought on the grains..... I don't even know what's out there under 100 grains. I think Hornady makes a 90 grain critical defense light, but that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head......

But my 442 would work for pocket carry as you are saying. I would just switch out my grips to boot grips. I've got my eye out for some kind of trade (thinking about trading my G26) to make for a steel snubby of some sort. I really like the bodyguards. Or a 640... I like the 36/60 but sometimes practicing with my DS the hammer spur will catch on my clothes if I'm not careful enough to lift them up as much as needed. Of course you can get the spur bobbed though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njr View Post
Other considerations: if you front pocket carry like I do in the summer gun weight vs size vs reliability may be a consideration.

My 638 can work but it can also be too big in pocket depending on how heavy the fabric of the shorts is and how non permissive the environment is. I prefer flatter, lighter, smaller for the pocket.

The P-32 may work but I'll have to test it back from the factory. Otherwise maybe an LCP2 or RM380.

With the airweights Farnam recommends nothing over 100 grains as recoil degrades accuracy and follow up shots. I think he's right on that at least for distances past 12 feet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by ABPOS; 05-21-2017 at 11:44 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: