View Single Post

Old 05-22-2017, 01:43 PM

Liked 2,227 Times in 945 Posts

Great discussion on loads to carry. I've been carrying Hornady's 125 grain XTP "American Gunner" load because it penetrates well. Doesn't do too much for expansion though. From what I can tell.

I've seen tests with critical defense that seems to make it a marginal penetrator. So I'm kind of iffy on carrying that one.

I think I'm going to buy some wadcutters to load in the gun and have something else as a reload. The Winchester train and defend rounds seem to be an OK load. I should be linking where I'm getting all my info. I know this websited called "Lucky Gunner" did some extensive .38 / .357 gel testing.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/revo...llistics-test/

Anyways... Good info guys. I might try some of the 110 grain stuff, but here again, it seems like the tests I've seen always make it sort of "marginal" with penetration (Federal has a load too, but I think it's only low recoil). I didn't know Roberts was OK with Critical Defense. I think Fackler only promotes the Gold Dot 135 +p short barrel and Cor Bon 110 +p as the only good performers. At least I thought that was the case. But I don't do well with +p's in the 442. Start flinching after a few rounds. Ouch.

Last edited by ABPOS; 05-23-2017 at 11:29 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: