Thread: Shooting 52-2
View Single Post

Old 05-23-2017, 09:28 AM

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB93 View Post
One other thought as to the perceived muzzle flip, just consider that when you fire the Model 14 you feel the immediate recoil impulse to the bullet leaving the barrel and that's it, nothing else happens.

With the Model 52-2 the bullet moves, the slide unlocks, cycles open, hits the end of its travel, moves forward, picks up a round and locks into battery. A lot of commotion causing the muzzle to waggle that you don't get in a revolver. Perhaps what you are experiencing is the action cycling rather than the recoil.

With a light Mid-range load the action cycling might almost be more obvious than the recoil impulse. Just a suggestion as I've not shot a Model 52 myself.

As an aside, I'd go with most advice here and not use someone else's reloads unless I really knew the loader and had broken down some rounds to confirm their make up and also put them over a chronograph.
This is exactly what I thought is happening. The motion/cycling is really what I am noticing. All other semi autos I wont have a more powerful round with higher pressures that I expect eats up or otherwise counters the recoil I am feeling. I mentioned something similar on this post the other day.

As for the reloads, I do trust them. But have taken the advice and took one apart. They weigh as marked.